Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Juggling Chainsaws: Part 2

The donor is stimming away. On Wednesday, February 17, she started on 150IU of Gonal F and one 75IU vial of Menopur.

  • After five nights of medication...
    First BW = 918
    Meds reduced to 112IU of medication (not sure of the Gonal/Menopur breakdown)
    Re says, "donor is responding very, very well."
  • After six nights of medication...
    Second BW = 1095
    U/S = 6 measurable follicles in the 13-14 range, lots of smaller ones which RE hopes will blossom.
    RE is cutting donor's meds again because "slow and steady wins the race."
  • Donor's going in for BW and U/S tomorrow.
    Updates to come.

    I'm trying not to get too emotionally involved. I can't do anything to help or change things, so I'm resigning myself to being a spectator. My donor communicates with me on e-mail, and she's really, really an angel. Win or lose, I need to be grateful that she gave me a shot at motherhood.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you and your donor e-mail! I was a donor (who is now experiencing infertility myself, but still has NO regrets!) and I would have loved to communicate via e-mail with the family.

    I will say, that my first family now has twins. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. grow follies grow!! :D

    ReplyDelete